Finally good weather and finally outdoors... On Saturday we decided to give Wildwood State Park another chance - last time it was really too windy to enjoy the walk. This Park on the North Shore is easily accessible and just a fifteen minute drive from our home, which is very convenient (no complaints in the car is always very relaxing). We were hoping to use the boat ramp like we did the first time and then walk along the shore, but this time it was closed to public (to the public who doesn't want to climb on the fence) so we took the shortest of the four trails - marked in red - and walked through the beech forest for 1,8 miles. For the blue trail (2,9 miles), the orange trail (2,3 miles) and the yellow trail (3,8 miles) you need to organize food and drinks, unless you want to hear "Are we there yet?" more than hour long. The red trail goes past one bluff from which you can enjoy this view: I got myself "Hiking Long Island" by Lee McAllister, which is of co...
Talking to my friend Ilka, a German girl I consider part of the family, I always have to complain about how pissed and mad I am at people in Berlin. She always agrees with me. By now I know a bunch of nice and friendly people and I like them very much, BUT there is always the "public place experience" which leaves me - almost everyday - visibly upset. People complain a lot. Doors do not get opened for you (me, usually pushing a stroller and carrying more than one bag), nobody gives you his or her seat in the train, queues are not respected and if you ask for information, most probably you will receive a bad look. Let's don't talk about being a mother, or let's talk about it: someone would always tell you how are loud your kids are or will give some unrequested advice - and if when it comes from a man (mansplaining) I can tell you: I lose it! So, with all the pretty things to see and do that there are, the one I never miss while abroad is this annoy...
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/02/25/2010-02-25_egads_its_an_ikea_kitchen_in_our_fancy_bldg.html#ixzz0gYE9mNQo Because this happened not far from here, I just had to take my chance: I also want to sue the former tenants for leaving us an ugly IKEA kitchen that we had to clean and put up again. Guess it doesn't work in Europe, right?
Comments