Talking to my friend Ilka, a German girl I consider part of the family, I always have to complain about how pissed and mad I am at people in Berlin. She always agrees with me. By now I know a bunch of nice and friendly people and I like them very much, BUT there is always the "public place experience" which leaves me - almost everyday - visibly upset. People complain a lot. Doors do not get opened for you (me, usually pushing a stroller and carrying more than one bag), nobody gives you his or her seat in the train, queues are not respected and if you ask for information, most probably you will receive a bad look. Let's don't talk about being a mother, or let's talk about it: someone would always tell you how are loud your kids are or will give some unrequested advice - and if when it comes from a man (mansplaining) I can tell you: I lose it! So, with all the pretty things to see and do that there are, the one I never miss while abroad is this annoy...
Comments
I gave the book FAST FOOD NATION as a Christmas gift to several people a few years ago. I read a few chapters before wrapping it. It is very good.
I really like to hear what YOU -American- as opposed to me (try Not to be arrogant) European think.
So, thank you for your comment.
Btw...I really envy you for spending your time on the water and not on the streets - and always great pictures!